So I am remembering to write part 2 of the list of things I’m thankful for. Mostly I ate breakfast and am trying to stay awake to make it to Thanksgiving dinner…
12. I am thankful for my nieces and nephew. No matter how much energy they have when I have none and no matter how much I really, really want them to stop punching the plastic balloon…
13. I am thankful for having food to share with friends and family. Eating is a holiday tradition and I know that not everyone will be able to have a hot meal today. For people in that situation, I am thankful for their strength to endure their circumstances.
14. I am thankful for volunteers and those who give of themselves. Whether you go out into the world or make monetary donations, putting the needs of others before self is an admirable trait.
15. I am thankful for outlets. Losing weight usually calls for the purchase of new clothes. Which makes you get rid of the big clothes. Then the holidays happen. Nice to be able to save a little dough when your waistline re-expands.
16. I am thankful for vacation days and federal holidays.
17. I am thankful for shows that stream online and DVR. No longer do I feel guilty about missing shows during the week. Sitting down watching 3 continual hours of The Big Bang Theory is now considered bonding time for me and the hubby.
18. I am thankful for color. Nothing brightens your day like hot pink or purple or yellow. Simply seeing all the beautiful colors in nature does the heart good.
19. I am thankful for smiles. There is just something that brightens the world when people smile. I love to see smiles from kids and old people because they are the most genuine, and to me, the most beautiful.
20. I am thankful for conversation and healthy debates. Political, religious, economical, sports or reality TV. It’s all on the table.
21. I am thankful for pets. They love you unconditionally and are endlessly amusing. Even the beta fish I had. He used to chase pocket string if I pulled it across the glass. Good thing I’m easily amused.
22. I am thankful that Thanksgiving this year is on the 22nd and not the 26th.
So there you have it. 22 things for which I am randomly thankful. I hope you take the day to rest, spend time with those close to you and maybe even get in a football game or two. I gotta check on the Egg Bowl in a minute. Most importantly, be thankful for the blessings you have and content in the things you lack. Today is a gift and always remember to be grateful for that.
Make it awesome!