Welcome to our April Blog Hop!
This month we are focusing on our favorite wedding ideas to help you in the process of planning your wedding or event. Get ready for some great ideas, inspiration and how to as you move along through the blog hop.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Cindy Clearwater at Something Blue Virgin Islands on Natalie’s Blog Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you make sure to see and learn from all of the articles featured here today.
“Dew drops on roses and whiskers on kittens…” personalized centerpieces are one of my favorite wedding things!
When we had our travel-themed wedding a few years ago, we had to come up with a centerpiece idea that was exclusively and inherently “us.” Being that we love to travel, the theme was resolved quickly, but we needed to figure out how to show our non-familial guests who we were and share our lives with them!
The solution? Personalized photo centerpieces!
I know, I know…it’s so simple. Probably too simple for most weddings. But it was the perfect something that told our story 🙂
So check it out:
We had different photos from all sorts of adventures on the tables…each one different and telling a story about our lives and adventures. They sure made for great conversation pieces! We made them by doing a little editing, printing them out and putting them into Dollar Tree frames. *high five brides on a budget*
And here’s how:
- Select your image. It can be a photo of the couple or pictures of the bride and groom as they grew through the years.
- Open an editing program. I did mine using MS Publisher.
- Insert/add your .jpg image.
- Insert a text box, fill in the text and position it where it looks best (optional.)
- Save the image and text box as a new .jpg image.
- Print and frame!
A very quick and simple DIY idea and verrry easy on the purse!
After the wedding, we brought some of the centerpieces home and added them to a quote plaque and made a beautiful piece of wall art to continue the story.
“Life is not measured but the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”
The next stop is Katrina McCullum at Made of Honor Weddings on Natalie’s Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the line up for some more awesome photo centerpiece ideas!
Blog Hop Line-up
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Irene Tyndale at Irene Tyndale Events
- N’neka Scruggs at Images by N’neka
- Rachel Huntoon at Ashford Manor Bed & Breakfast
- Chantal Benoit at Chantal Benoit Photographer
- Shaun Cox at A D.I.Y. Affair Weddings and Events
- Andie Freeman at Andie Freeman Photography
- Anshwa Lewis at SwaLaRue Events
- Kelly Snyder at Southern Charm Weddings
- Peter Merkle at Chicago Wedding DJs
- Cindy Clearwater at Something Blue Virgin Islands
- Katherine Shorter at Creating Awesomenessity
- Katrina McCullum at Made of Honor Weddings
- Liz Coopersmith at Silver Charm Events
- Debra Meadows at Meadows Events
Check out more ideas for Photo Centerpieces here!