Christmas Day is almost here! Santa is busy running around, encouraging the elves to work faster to make sure that all of the gifts are ready to go out in time for all of the good boys and girls. Santa is gonna be exhausted, stressed and maybe a little anxious come Christmas Eve. Putting in all of that time and effort to make sure that the littles have everything for which they behaved all year long takes a bit out of you. Santa is gonna need to sit back, kick off his boots and relax a little…and he’s probably gonna need a drink. I think that his special hot chocolate is the perfect way to do that!
hot chocolate mix
marshmallows + chocolate syrup (optional)
- Pour 8 oz of water into a mug and heat. 90 sec should get it steaming.
- Add hot chocolate and stir. I used the amaretto flavored hot chocolate, but there are several different ones to choose from!
3. Using one shot glass, fill 3/4 of the way with the Rum Chata. Top off the remaining 1/4 of the glass with the Disaronno Amaretto.
4. Pour into the hot chocolate and stir.
5. Drink as is or add the marshmallows + chocolate syrup to taste.
This is a super quick and easy recipe! But don’t let the smooth taste fool you! I made one to taste and then one to photograph. After I finished the photos, I decided to enjoy my creation as I worked.
I couldn’t drive for a little bit.
To help take the edge of my little buzz, I indulged in some red velvet brownies. It’s the holidays, so the calories don’t count, right??
red velvet cake mix
~ 4 oz of banana pudding mix (small box)…trust. me.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup of chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup vanilla or white chocolate melting wafers
- Chop up the pecans, walnuts and vanilla chocolate wafers. Set the wafers aside, as well as about half of the pecans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Put all of the ingredients in the bowl and stir until mixed evenly.
3. Add the vanilla chocolate wafers.
4. Make sure your pan is greased on the bottom and then add the red velvet mix.
5. Bake on 325 for 30-35 min. I went with 35 because I like it crunchy. Also my pan was a little smaller. Southern Bites recommends using a 9 x 13′ pan but I was being hard-headed…
6. Once done, remove from the oven. Turn the oven off. I forget to do that a lot, but I digress…
7. Melt the vanilla icing in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Spread it over the brownies and top with 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
8. Eat and enjoy!
Drink responsibly…make sure that Santa’s sleigh is parked for the night before you indulge!