July 4th is like…tomorrow!
Did you wait until the last minute to figure out decorations (like I usually do?) If so, I’ve got a quick and easy centerpiece for you to make. And the cost?
Yep…$5. Less if you already have some of the items laying around the house!
This is the centerpiece that I made for my Operation Shower event last weekend:
These are the supplies you need to make it happen:
- mini red and blue metal buckets (from Target) – $1 each
- small flags, set of 3 (from Target) – $1
- red and white ribbon (from Michael’s) – about $1 with coupon
- white roses (from Dollar Tree) – on hand from a prior project, otherwise $1
- stones or clear marbles (from Dollar Tree) – on hand from a prior project, otherwise $1
- hot glue gun and sticks
- patience and caution…they mean it when they say “hot glue”
- use the glue gun and line the bottom of one of the buckets with glue
- put the other bucket on, end to end, let cool/dry
- measure and cut a piece of ribbon, to hide the seams where the buckets meet, and glue on. Be careful with your fingers!
- put the stones in the top side. Since these are open buckets, they’re interchangeable in how you want the colors to flow. Some of mine were red/blue and others were blue/red, to coordinate with the place settings on the tables. Adding the stones will weigh the centerpiece down and anchor the flowers and flags in place
- place the flowers and flags in the stones
There you have it! Very quick and easy…and best of all, inexpensive! If you still need additional ideas for desserts and decor to make, check out my Pinterest board 🙂
This centerpiece can be used with any color combination and by using hot glue, you can take them apart to reuse the containers for another project!
Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!