Desserts are seriously my favorite!
Today is National Angel Food Cake Day! But never fear, we don’t need an excuse to dig in 😀
I’m trying (not trying) to lose a bit of weight, so I love angel food cake. The standard recipe for a plain cake is about 72 calories a slice, so you can totally get down and dig in.
The allure of the angel food cake is that it can be so quick and simple to make and enjoy. My hubby’s absolute favorite is caramel cake, so in an effort to try and cut a few calories, I decided to try a spin with angel food cake.
Caramel and Chocolate Cake with Honey-Drizzled Mango
Store bought angel food cake
Sweetened condensed milk or Hershey’s Caramel
Chocolate icing or Hershey’s Syrup
1. For the caramel, cover the can of condensed milk completely with water. Boil for 3 hours, making sure that the can stays covered with water. If you’re in a hurry, you have the Hershey’s caramel, right?
2. Drizzle the cake with the chocolate.
3. Let the can cool to the touch. Carefully open and drizzle the cake with the caramel.
4. Slice the mangos and drizzle with honey. Top the cake.
5. Slice, serve and enjoy!
I have no idea how many calories are in this slice of heaven but YOLO.
If you’re looking to watch your waistline, most of the following recipes are not going to help with that either…
1. Improve a store bought cake with this recipe from Better Homes and Garden:
2. Get out the grill for this recipe from Diabetic Living:
3. This recipe from Midwest Living is a berry good option for all holidays!
For more heavenly goodness, check out my Pinterest board with links to more recipes. Enjoy!