That thing you can do, I can do better…but despite the appearance of this month long blogging venture, I don’t really enjoy bragging about myself. So today’s prompt has, instead, caused me to do a bit of self-reflection. It’ll be a quick one…
What do you do better than anyone else?
- I readily tell people that I’m a good listener. I love to meet people and listen to their stories. I admit that I have a tendency to listen, just waiting to speak…because I’m a “fixer” and am looking for way to correct a problem.
- I tell people that I’m a great friend and really believe that. I realize that I’m not the best friend I could be; I need to recharge often because I get overwhelmed very easily and that leads to me kind of secluding myself from people.
- I think that I do ministry well, but I also recognize that I am way too busy to be as effective as I could be. It’s hard to prioritize when you’re all over the place trying to everything at once.
- I think that I’m my husband’s wife better than anyone else. I better be…for reals. I’m his best friend and partner in crime, but I also realize that I could be doing more to serve/minister to him and nurture our marriage.
- I’ve learned a lot through decorating cookies and working with power tools and I think that I do a great job, but I still have so much to learn.
Through all of the things that I think I do better than other people, I realize that I could be doing much more than I am now. I know that as long as I’m living, I still have a lot to learn. I don’t like to prop myself up as better than others, because for as good as I think I am, there are others better, more talented or smarter than myself. And that’s ok because it just encourages me to not give up!
Except for being my husband’s wife…no one can do that better than me… 😉
What do you do better than anyone else? What are you awesome at in life? Tell me in the comments below!