The zombie trend is so hot right now. I’m glad it’s zombies though because, apparently, I’m scared of everything else. I don’t have any kids of my own, but I’m a The Walking Dead fanatic. I have to admit that if I saw someone come to a TWD party with this, I’d be mighty impressed! Do you think you’re ready to serve up lots of fun with this super cool zombie cupcake stand? Bring the party back to life with this surprisingly easy DIY project. Send it to the kids’ party and make yours kiddo the coolest in the school this Halloween!
How to Make A Zombie Cupcake Stand
box or foam board
hot glue gun and glue sticks
silver spray paint
skinny sticks (found with craft popsicle sticks)
black craft paint and brush
Putting It Together:
Making of a Zombie
- Grab your free zombie graveyard background and zombie silhouettes. Cut them out.
- Attach a skewer to the back of the paper zombie. Measure about 0.5″ from the top of the silhouette and cut the skewer.
- Attach with hot glue. Set aside.
Making of a zombie cupcake stand
- Paint the sides of your box with black craft paint. Let dry.
- OPTIONAL: Cut out a piece of grass mat and hot glue to the top of the box .
- Spray paint the skinny sticks silver. Allow to dry, then turn and spray paint the other side.
- Hot glue the sticks to the sides of the box to resemble a fence.
- Add zombies. Beware!
It might be a little ridiculous as to how giddy this project made me but whatevs! It’s really easy and it will absolutely be a bit hit at school or home! I’m all about being the cool kid and this cupcake stand will get it done! You can absolutely customize it by using a box sized to fit your needs!
Once you’ve put this together awesome masterpiece, it’s ready to add the cupcakes!
*To make the cupcakes, tint vanilla icing with just a little bit of black food coloring. Feel free to buy pre-made cupcakes! Put icing in a bag and swirl to mimic brains. Follow the same pattern with Wilton food gel to make the “blood.”
Have fun and Happy Zombie Walk!